So Lisa has developed an Obsessive Compulsive We need to Clean and Organize our whole house this week syndrome. Normally , I'm ok with this, I mean as long as I can find what I'm looking for who cares if its in a bin with a label on it.
She is panicked and overwhelmed with the disorder. I'm not saying I dont contribute to it, I dont have her complete order down, sometimes its alphabetical, assending or decending, numeric, sometimes its off of genre, mood, sometimes it makes no sense at all.
We had boxes and boxes of movies for yard sales in the closet , I hurried and dug out movies to sell at the yard sale. - less stuff = more room. I was in a hurry to put these out, so I didnt clean up my mess. (I will always clean up my mess if I see it, out of sight out of mind - completely me- not intetionally - but I just forget). Anyways , Lisa opened the closet door. Her face turns red. Her breathing increases - I can see the look in her face. I must distract her fast, or she is going to blow. So I send her to bed quickly - promising to clean up and pick up shelves to put in the closet tomorrow.
This is inbetween selling stuff on craigslist, dinner for her nomination (which I am very proud of her) fixing her brakes - which just want to squeak. - I have taken them apart and put them back together 3 times now. tuning up the truck - that hasnt had a tune up in 30 years, becuase the spark plugs were rusted to the engine, trying to keep the house clean for her upcoming pampered chef party, washing clothes, messing with the dishwasher repair man, trying to get the post office to fix the mailbox etc. - lawn on the back burner.
Well , we got the closet done at 9:30 last night. (thats when Lisa finally came out of the closet). So drained I fell into a deep sleep quickly, I couldnt even move.
The brakes still squeak.
The truck still need work.
the Lawn still needs mowed.
The lock on the mailbox is still broken.
The whole house is not perfectly clean.
The dishwasher may not be fixed.
But the closet is clean and organized.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.